ENTERTAINMENT OPERATOR - LIGHTING
The Entertainment Operator – Lighting is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of all lighting elements in the vessels main theatre. This includes set up, operation, and tear down of all lighting equipment used for Production Shows, Guest Entertainers, Enrichment speakers, presenters, and other users of the theatre. The Entertainment Operator – Lighting is responsible for operating the lighting board and calling follow spot cues for all performances in the theatre, and is required to monitor and maintain organizational standards on lighting levels, and visual designs. The Entertainment Operator – Lighting will liaise with Guest Entertainers about their lighting requirements, design cues and looks as necessary, attend all rehearsals, and assist at all stage resets. Regular cleaning and maintenance of all lighting fixtures in the vessels rig will be lead and conducted by the Entertainment Operator – Lighting. In addition to the duties listed above, the Entertainment Operator – Lighting is also responsible for assisting the Entertainment Staff on any lighting related tasks in the vessels alternative entertainment venues as requested by the Stage & Production Manager or Head Entertainment Operator.
· Bachelor’s degree in theatre (lighting design or technology) from an accredited university or equivalent experience is required.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in entertainment or theatrical lighting operation, design, set up, and maintenance is required.
· Extensive knowledge and experience with Hog 3 and Hog 4 lighting platforms is required.
· Extensive knowledge of lighting equipment, fixtures, vocabulary, and relevant electrical knowledge.
· Experience working with intelligent and moving fixtures, maintenance, cleaning, assembly, and technical troubleshooting.
· Working knowledge of computers (Windows and Mac) and connecting to external devices such as projectors and TV screens, and relevant troubleshooting.
· Previous experience on cruise ships or touring an asset.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes.
· Ability to communicate tactfully with coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
· Able to work well in a fast-paced environment and adapt well to sudden changes.