ENTERTAINMENT OPERATOR - SOUND
The Entertainment Operator – Sound is responsible for the daily operation of all sound elements in the vessels main theatre. This includes set up, operation, and tear down of all sound equipment used for Production Shows, Guest Entertainers, Enrichment speakers, presenters, and other users of the theatre. The Entertainment Operator – Sound is responsible for mixing sound levels and executing sound cues on all performances in the theatre, and is required to monitor and maintain organizational standards on sound levels, system EQ settings, and background music. The Entertainment Operator – Sound will liaise with Guest Entertainers about their sound requirements, attend all rehearsals, sound checks, and assist at all stage resets. In addition to the duties listed above, the Entertainment Operator – Sound is also responsible for assisting the Entertainment Staff on any sound related tasks in the vessels alternative entertainment venues as requested by the Stage & Production Manager or Head Entertainment Operator.
· Bachelor’s degree in theatre (sound design or technology) from an accredited university or equivalent experience is required.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in entertainment or theatrical sound operation, live mixing, set up, and maintenance is required.
· Extensive knowledge of sound equipment, vocabulary, and relevant electrical knowledge.
· Previous experience on cruise ships or touring an asset.
· Experience setting up sound equipment for live music venues, sound checking, and troubleshooting.
· Basic lighting knowledge, equipment, fixture focusing, recalling cues, et cetera.
· Working knowledge of computers (Windows and Mac) and connecting to external devices such as projectors and TV screens, and relevant troubleshooting.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes.
· Ability to communicate tactfully with coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
· Able to work well in a fast-paced environment and adapt well to sudden changes.