Entertainment Technical Director
The Entertainment Technical Director is responsible for the overall maintenance, upkeep, safe operation, and training of the ships technical equipment. This includes all sound, lighting, performer flying, and stage automation systems. The ETDC will be responsible for overseeing the Entertainment Operators & Staff during stage resets and maintenance calls, the overall maintenance and inventory of all entertainment venues, and safety inspections and quality control. The ETDC will create an environment that facilitates the needs of the Cruise Director and that inspires and supports the Entertainment Operators & Staff.
· A bachelor’s degree in entertainment or theatrical management (stage, technical or production) from an accredited university or equivalent experience is required.
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in entertainment technical management.
· Experience with multi-unit management in entertainment back of house.
· General maintenance and technical knowledge of varied lighting, sound, rigging and automation systems required.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes.
· Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
· Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related programs.
· Previous cruise line experience a plus.