Venue PRODUCTION MANAGER
The Venue Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the production value of the vessels alternative entertainment venues and carrying out key entertainment administrative duties in conjunction with the Stage & Production Manager. This includes supervision / scheduling of the Entertainment Staff technicians (ESS, ESL, ESSO, ESF, ESP) and overseeing live musicians and activity staff while in performance and rehearsals - assisting the Stage & Production Manager in maintaining the quality of all produced shows and events, theme nights and A ’drivers. Ensuring the successful execution of all events and creating an environment that facilitates the needs for our Performers and Cruise Director.
The Venue Production Manager works closely with the Stage & Production Manager and should actively learn and shadow their role. This includes learning, calling and operating the produced Theatre Production Shows (in rehearsal scenario). Should the Stage & Production Manager be unable to perform their job, the Venue Production Manager should be completely ready and able to take over any show at any time with safety at the forefront of operations.
· Bachelor’s degree in entertainment or theatrical management (stage or production) from an accredited university or equivalent experience is required.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in entertainment or theatrical management.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
· Able to create/run a show or event to company standards.
· Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes.
· Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
· Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related programs.